And the adventure begins…
I am not a big fan of bell peppers, but I thought, “Why not? They are very healthy for you and this is such a creative way to eat eggs!”
My thoughts after eating them? Well, I think you would love this fairly simple breakfast if you love peppers. 🙂
BAKED EGGS IN PEPPERS
Serving Size: 2 -4 people
- 2 bell peppers (we like the orange and yellow ones because they are sweeter.)
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese
- ½ cup water
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. In 8 by 8 baking dish, pour water and place peppers cut side down.
3. Microwave for 5 minutes or bake in oven at 400° for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender.
4. Turn peppers over and evenly sprinkle shredded cheese into each pepper half.
5. Crack one egg into each pepper.
6. Bake for 15 minutes for runny eggs and 18 to 20 minutes for cooked through eggs.
(Note: We had to cook for 24 minutes in order for the whites to be cooked.)
One thought on “Baked Eggs in Peppers”
Pingback: Mexican Kale Salad with a Chile & Honey Oil and Vinegar Dressing |