WARNING: This recipe is for major chocolate lovers! 🙂 It is rich and delicious and tastes like dessert! 🙂
I found the base ingredients for this recipe (the amount of flour & eggs) over at Wellness Mama and then used my creativity from there. The funny thing is that when I woke up this morning I actually told my hubby, “I think all my creative juices have dried up.” 🙂 I guess not. 🙂
I have been on a “pure almond extract” kick lately….I LOVE the taste that it adds to baked goods. In fact, I am not sure there is a more yummier taste! 🙂 So, that was my inspiration for these pancakes this morning.
(It truly is rich, so if you are not a serious chocolate lover, you may want to go with butter and pure maple syrup for your topping instead of the syrup I made.)
The finished product when it was cut into…..yummy!
ALMOND DARK CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES WITH CHOCOLATE ALMOND SYRUP
*Created by Lori at Creating Beauty in the Kitchen
Serving Size: Approximately 12 small pancakes
Ingredients for Pancakes:
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup almond milk (less if you want thicker pancakes)
- 1 Tbsp pure almond extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
Directions for Pancakes:
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl, except the chocolate chips.
- When that is mixed thoroughly and the batter is the consistency you need, add in the chocolate chips.
- Cook in a skillet on medium high heat. Let them cook on one side. Let the bubbles stop popping, and then flip them.
- When both sides are cooked, put them on a plate and pour the syrup over them.
Ingredients for Syrup:
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tsp pure almond extract
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp almond milk
Directions for Syrup:
- Melt the coconut oil and pour in a small mixing bowl.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour over the pancakes when they are finished.
- Enjoy! 🙂