I think Fiesta Fridays have become my excuse to bake something sweet! 😀
This week’s inspiration? Pears!
I have to say….this really is as delicious as it looks! The sweet crust made such a delicious addition to this yumminess!
Yay for another experiment gone well! 😀
Chocolaty Pear Crisp
*Created by Lori at Creating Beauty in the Kitchen
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup coconut milk- the thick part
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1 pear
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp pure almond extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and cut the pear into pieces.
- Put into a small baking dish.
- Create the chocolate sauce by combining the cinnamon, chocolate chips, coconut milk, and 2 tbsp honey in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- When the sauce is warm and melted together, pour over over the pear pieces. (You will have extra)
- To make the crust, combine the almond flour, almond extract, 2 remaining tbsp of honey, and coconut oil. Mix together well.
- Cover the top of your pear dish with this.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes. (If you like your fruit softer, you might want to cook the pears by themselves for a bit before you proceed to these final stages.)
- When finished cooking, pour some of the extra chocolate sauce over the top. (I reheated it a little bit.)