Like I mentioned in my Fiesta Friday post, hubby and I absolutely loved the homemade red sauce I made the other day, so I desperately wanted to figure out something else to make with it. Thus, this yummy Parmesan Chicken!
The tricky part was how I was going to make a low-glycemic version since I can’t use normal breadcrumbs or flour. That’s when I thought of something that is sitting in the corner of my kitchen that I haven’t experimented with much…tapioca flour. And can I just say, I love how this came out! The taste was perfect! And the texture was nice and crisp…loved it!
*Created by Lori at Creating Beauty in the Kitchen
- Homemade Red Sauce….recipe can be found HERE
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tapioca flour
- 1 egg
- Olive oil
- Put a quarter inch of oil in a frying pan and heat.
- Put egg in bowl and whisk.
- In another bowl, pour the tapioca flour.
- Dip your chicken in the egg, and then the tapioca flour, making sure it is fully covered. Place in frying pan.
- Cook each side, flipping, until finished.
- Put on plates, cover with the red sauce, and Parmesan cheese.